Sunday, April 16, 2006

Communication Isn't a One Way Street

I attempted calling R.G. on Friday, twice. I ended up leaving voicemails that went along the lines of the following:

"Hi R.G., it's A.B., I was hoping we could chat. Give me a call when you have a chance. I hope all is well".

followed by

"Hi R.G., I called you because I hoped we could talk. I was hoping we could be friends but I have this sense that you have been avoiding me and all. It's been a bit awkward lately, but if you think we can be friends and would like that, let me know, one way or the other. You know where to reach me. Take care, A.B."

I thought, at worst, R.G. can at least maintain a friendship, but I think that even that is dashed.

I have not received a response to my voicemails. One would think that communication is the basis for any form of a relationship. But, R.G. has been reticent to communicate anything. I am perplexed. Or perhaps, not perplexed, but realizing that R.G. handles ending a relationship by not looking back or not attempting to keep the good or recover what is recoverable.

A.B.

No comments: