Monday, October 23, 2006

This weekend's dates

I had three dates this weekend: a Friday evening movie and dinner; a Saturday brunch and a Sunday evening cocktails and dinner, with three different guys.

FRIDAY: I had been out once before with this guy, an architect. An incredibly nice guy, he is becoming acquainted with a friend of mine and shortly prior to meeting my friend had contacted me on Friendster. I have enjoyed our two dates but didn't feel much of a connection and will need to speak to him about that. I hope he can become a friend.

SATURDAY: This guy contacted me on gay.com. He just recently moved to the city. Very talkative and a little to pushy. I have received several e-mails a day from him. After our brunch, we each went our separate ways and that evening he sent me an instant message asking if I would like to go out to the movies on Sunday. On Sunday, I knew I was going to have a busy day with work (deal signing) and thus wouldn't be available. I let him know and on Monday morning he e-mailed me asking whether the deal had signed. I let him know it did and he responded with "Great. Now I'll have you all to myself". He has sent several messages of this type both prior to and after meeting on Saturday for brunch and it feels slightly stressful. We barely know each other and he has already thrown out the topic of exclusivity as well. Not seeing much of a future.

SUNDAY: I was on gay.com while on conference calls on Sunday and a guy sent me a message. I read his profile and saw his pictures. I thought he was attractive and we had a conversation over Instant Messenger. He asked if I would be up for meeting for a drink and I ventured. We settled on meeting at G Bar in Chelsea at 6.30pm. We met, had a couple of drinks and then decided to grab dinner. We went to this Thai restaurant on 8th Ave. After dinner, we decided to grab coffee at *$$ to continue our conversation. Throughout the evening, I had to keep checking my blackberry every time it went off because of the darn transaction that was supposed to sign (it did sign, at 4 am Monday morning). I found him to be very nice, quite possibly because he was born and raised abroad and moved to New York to pursue a degree in fashion and then ended up staying here. I'm hoping we will get together soon.

Although it is fun to meet people, I am growing a bit tired of having to balance it all out. Too much work involved in it.

A.B.

No comments: