Wednesday, October 11, 2006

James Blunt - Concert - Radio City Music Hall

My friend L.C. invited me to the James Blunt concert at Radio City Music Hall last night (10/10/06). I am a fan of James Blunt, I had heard his song "Beautiful" sometime ago and ended up purchasing the CD. I don't normally buy CDs, just occasionally.

I truly enjoyed the CD and play it quite frequently. I have even cited one of his songs, Goodbye My Lover, on this site. I find his lyrics to be passionately powerful, a pouring of the soul if you will. And with my romantic life in shambles, not being able to get things right, the words are a subterfuge for my emotions.

The concert was magnificent, not a showy, glammed-up event. Just a singer/songwriter, performing his tunes. And that was more than enough. L.C. and I did shed a tear with Goodbye My Lover.

After that, we went to Bar Americain to have a glass of wine and catch up. She confessed she thought that the guy wasn't that hot, but that she hadn't told me because she felt it wasn't really important. She did of course say that I shouldn't feel or get down because of him. I assured her that in this case, my initial reservations had proved correct and that I was glad I hadn't completely let me heart go.

I walked into the office today, e-mailed her to thank her for a fantastic time and 20 minutes later won 2 tickets to see Barbra Streisand at the firm's box in Madison Square Garden. I immediately called L.C. and asked her to accompany me. So, tonight we are off to see Barbra, and I truly hope she tells someone to *fuck off*.

Saturday, a colleague invited me to see The Pet Shop Boys at Radio City Music Hall.

Three concerts in one week!

A.B.

No comments: