Friday, January 19, 2007

Update of sorts...

Finished reading "The Year of Magical Thinking" and then gave it to my mom to read. The book evoked many memories of my grandmother's passing and the ensuing years.

I also finished reading "The Married Man" by Edmund White, which had me in tears at the end. Without a doubt, it is a book all should read. Love is a complicated thing.

I have currently moved on to "Dry", after having read "Running with Scissors" and seen the movie. So far, entertaining.

Resigned at my job on Tuesday, much to the surprise of those I work and have worked with. I went to every single partner's and associate's office that I have worked with in the past 4 1/2 years to let them know. I would rather have them hear it from the horses mouth than via rumor. Several partners have met up with me to ask that I reconsider and offered me an opportunity within the firm. This is highly unusual and extremely flattering and I am confused. I asked to have the weekend to think about this and get back to them.

Admiring Aaron Brett Charney for filing a lawsuit against a firm, alleging discrimination based on sexual orientation. Following the case as more news becomes available.

Had a date two weeks ago with W.W., scheduled a date for last week with W.W. that he cancelled due to illness. Haven't heard much from him since the cancellation. Smells like the kiss of death to me, not sure he remains interested.

More later.

A.B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A dramatic week no doubt: hope you decided to stay with the firm and hope WW has recovered and back in the saddle. Best.

TCho said...

i need to read more.