Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Guy 3

A month into knowing the guy, I invited him on impulse to a wedding I was attending at the Berkshires. My friends have told me to not be too impulsive, it scares guys. The wedding was a gay wedding (my first) in the Berkshires and I had already made arrangements for an inn and car rental to get there. I invited the guy and he said he would love to go. We ended up going. We spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday together. We drove up together and had a lovely ride, although I got a speeding ticket.

We arrived Friday evening to a barn dinner with all the wedding guests. As we walked in, people turned to look at us. The grooms, friends of mine, hadn't met the guy yet and came over to greet us. One of the grooms whispered to me and asked where I had met him. The dinner was stupendous, a buffet style dinner with a country flair to it. We had a wonderful time and chatted with the grooms' parents and family and were asked on many occasions how long we had been together. Despite the slight awkwardness, it felt quite natural.

Saturday, we went horseback riding and then to lunch in one of the little surrounding towns. After that, we went back to the inn to get ready and then off to the wedding. The ceremony was a stellar event. After that, we crossed the highway to the grooms' home and attended the receptioin, which went late into the night.

On Sunday, we went to the brunch that was offered for the guests and family and then came back home. My mom arrived that afternoon to visit for a week, so on the way back I commented that because my mom would be here, and if he was alright with it, it would be nice if we could all three get together. He wasn't taken aback by this, quite the contrary, he said he would love to meet my mom.

I must say, I was surprised. My experience has been that guys just don't feel comfortable meeting the parents so soon. He took it in stride and that made me feel even more attracted to him than I did already.

On Monday, we went to a fashion show with my mom and then to dinner. And things were seamless. My mom, commenting on our way back home, said that she had found him to be so genuine and uncomplicated. He, in an e-mail the next day, stated that he thought my mom was so authentic and genuine. I would say it went well.

On Friday, the guy and I had dinner with my mom and my dear friend L.C. L.C. found the guy to be adorable.

So, things seem to be ok for the time being, although I do feel my haunting insecurities in the back of my mind. I have and am developing feelings for the guy.

A.B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop, relax & enjoy yourself: Apparently,you've gotten lucky in the dating game. If he was a serial killer, surely someone would've mentioned it to you, right?