Monday, May 15, 2006

My Reading Kick

Late to join the bandwagon, I recently picked up "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris. More out of a need to sit down and read something rather than to follow a trend, I began one evening a nice journey. The book was short-lived, I devoured it and, as I did, was reminded of so many things in my life. I think that Sedaris has, what one friend calls, a keen eye for what is obvious. His writing is not earth-shattering, it isn't a discovery proper, but more an ability to focus on those small things that we pass on lightly as we grow. We forget and fail to pay attention to them as more "important" matters take over.

Following that, I went on a shopping spree and have purchased his other books and will begin shortly reading them.

In the interim, I am loving Jhumpa Lahiri's "Interpreter of Maladies", it is bittersweet.

A.B.

No comments: