Friday, June 10, 2005

I feel stupid.

After a brief infection of phone tag with the guy, we were able to speak this evening... as he was on an out-of-town bound train. The joys of dating I say. Lightly (ok, not so lightly) frustrated, I had to ask 'straight out' but in a fidgety way "What's the deal? I mean, I, uh, hmm, I'm not sure whether I should back off or, er, uh, you know, stop pursuing this interest."

I was a bit surprised at the calm response and apology stating that it's been a tough couple of weeks, that he was sorry for being out of touch and that we would get together when he got back.

Now, I have mixed emotions, I feel a bit stupid for having actually asked the question and am a bit elated at the response.

So now what?

A.B.

1 comment:

JR said...

I too have been in similar situations, in which in order to evade awkward situations I have asked someone whether they want to continue seeing me, in the romantic/sexual sense. Sometimes they say no. Sometimes they promise to call back when they're not busy with work/other things. More often than not, it leaves me feeling shitty and confused.

Things have worked out the best for me when I've just left them alone. If they want to talk, they can call, and I let them know how I feel about them. They can choose to do with that whatever they please.

Om Shanti.

Other times still, it's nice to be embroiled in the suspense of a new dating situation.

It's definitely one for the analyst's chair.