Friday, December 30, 2005

Absence... it makes the heart grow fonder

And, so it is, that absence is making my heart grow fonder. In all reason, I am in the idealization phase of this, whatever it is. Although there are imperfections which have been duly noted, the ideal is so much greater.

R.G. is still on vacation, although he has thoughtfully e-mailed every evening with tidbits of his activities. It is uplifting to know that you are in the object of your desire's thoughts.

In contemplation of R.G.'s return, I have ordered a delivery of a floral arrangement for him, which will be waiting in his apartment when he walks in. I hope he doesn't find that too excessive, but I wanted to do something to welcome him back home. I also included a handwritten note.

Can't wait to see him on January 3, 2006.

It is going to be a New Year for sure (for me).

A.B.

No comments: